Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Sketches, New Work and Art Resource of the Week

A Happy Father's Day Weekend! 
This time of year is always hard for me, as I lost my dad 3 years ago to lung cancer.
I like to wish all the dad's out there many blessings, love and a joyous weekend.
And had to share this quote - "The greatest gift I ever had
Came from God; I call him Dad!"
God Bless all of our Dads!
NEW SKETCHES
Well, I have some new sketches to share with everyone from last weekend's Sketchfest http://www.ellenmilliongraphics.com/sketchfest/

This first sketch was inspired by the prompt "What I Saw In the Clouds" I am currently working on this piece and should have it completed within the next few days. It will be up for sale at the sketchfest site, when completed.
I have to admit, I was really inspired to do this prompt due to a book I had just read "Taliesin" by Stephen Lawhead 


and I was really inspired by natural signs from the heavens we see in the clouds.  

Initial Sketch

Work In Progress 1

The second sketch prompt was "Shall I Keep It?" I am nearly done with this sketch and it will be up for sale at the sketchfest.
Reference Stock use : deathbycanon_stock over at DA


The last sketch was inspired by prompt "Modern Little Red Riding Hood"
I titled this one "Red" I am nearly done with this sketch and will have it up for sale at the sketchfest and will be doing a color version of this piece as well.
Reference Stock: jasminebelle_stock over at DA


NEW WORK
I have another new miniature work completed for an upcoming show in the fall at the Walters Cultural Arts Center in Hillsborro,Oregon.
Title: "Early Morning"
Medium: color pencil
Size: 2.5" x 4.0"
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK
Nita LeLand's Exploring Color
A wonderful site containing art articles, art projects, art-book reviews, art workshops and art interviews.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Take Care!
Carol

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous new work and ketches i love them all, happy father's day to all the dads out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are very soft and delicate. They are sweet and magical. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Kat and Shelley! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful works, Carol! "Bring Me to Light" is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Akiko! I am so touched by your comment, as I am huge fan of your works :)

    ReplyDelete