Sunday, May 1, 2016

New Bigfoot Commission and Marco Raffine Colored Pencils

New Commission

I haven't picked up my colored pencils in over a year. This week I start working on a new commission for a client of Bigfoot. Of all the years drawing I have never been asked to draw this particular mythical creature. I will be basing it on the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum Bigfoot display.
copyright © Ripleys Believe It or Not

Making the Mark

There are many artists concerned about protecting their art online. One basic and easy thing to do is to post up only pictures that are 72dpi or small enough that the image quality if increased in size, is very poor.
Here is a  great article by Katherine Tyrrell on how to protect your artwork online
http://makingamark.blogspot.com/2016/04/how-to-protect-your-art-online.html

New Pencils 

So I purchased some new colored pencils - Marco Raffine 72 set. A great buy on amazon and great reviews. Anxious to give them a try and I will be using them on my latest commission piece. They seem to have the same creamy wax base as Prismacolors. Will be providing a further update on this brand.



Hope you all have a great week!
Keep on Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment