Sunday, October 9, 2011

Updates, New Work In Progress and Resource of the Week

Hey Everybody,
I hope everyone is having a great day.  It's one of my favorite seasons of the year. Love how the leaves change color, the fall type plants are blooming, the colorful pumpkins and gourds,  of course the big ol' Thanksgiving dinner, but most of all it is time of giving thanks for all that we have and all the blessings we have received.

UPDATES
I finally got all my matting and framing materials for my miniatures this past week, so I will be cutting out mats this week. I am hoping the frames get here soon. I told her I needed them by the 27th, as that is when the artwork is due at the Walters Cultural Center. So, I am praying they will come soon, as  I can't submit the work, without frames. The site I found to order my frames,  is a great site to buy miniature frames, if you need them custom sized, it's $22 a frame and you get 10% off orders over a $100 http://www.miniartsupply.biz/

NEW WORK IN PROGRESS
My latest work in progress. Part of my seasonal series. Medium is watercolor pencil and color pencil. Size is 9.0" x 13.0" Presently working on the hair, ribbons, dress and background. Not sure on the title yet. Still thinking on it.

RESOURCE OF THE WEEK

http://shadowness.com/
I have to share this fairly new art community called Shadowness. If you are with Deviantart you are going to recognize a lot of the artists here. I think this community does a far better job of supporting each other and showcasing "all" artists works. Perhaps, it's  because it's not as big as DA, as of yet. At DA, I think a lot of outstanding artwork gets unnoticed and lost amongst the thousands of submissions, that should get recognized and showcased but don't.

I hope you all have a great week!
God Bless,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment