Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year and Updates!

Happy New Year Everyone!
It's been a long time since my last post. I apologize. I have just been so busy with school, family, the holidays, then getting sick, I have not had much time to get caught up on everything online.
I start back to school next week. I am still taking all the required classes, before I can actually begin taking the web design/computer classes. But starting spring term I will start beginning taking the design courses. Very excited about it. :)

And it looks like we might be moving again soon, as our landlord raised our rent $300 and it is killing us financially. But this time instead of renting, we are buying our first home. It seems renting a home around here, is quite a lot more expensive than buying. So things are going to be quite hectic for us in a few weeks and I am not sure how much time I will have for online, with school etc. and everything else going on.

New Works

I have some new works to share with you. Also I just posted up some new items up for sale at my etsy store https://www.etsy.com/shop/mooresart
I finished up my portrait of Frans and Trish. I just got an email from them that they received it New Year's Eve and they were so thrilled, when they saw it. I can't tell how much gladness that brought me, knowing how tickled they were to finally receive it.

Frans and Trish
Color Pencil and Watercolor Pencil

 

 
Also I just finished this up on New Year's It's called the Winter Lion. Done in Color Pencil and Watercolor Pencil.

 
 
Color Pencil Tip of the Week

I don't think I have shared this before, but it is a sample tutorial by artist Christina Langman on creating a big cat using color pencil. You can check it out here http://www.bigcatart.com/CPtutorial/

Also, there is a new blender pen out for color pencil artists. It's called the Finesse Blender Pen. I have yet to purchase it, but plan on to very soon, just to check it out. The rating is not that great on Amazon, but that is based just on two reviews. Apparently they are saying the pen dries out quickly. But from experience, I think the blender pens don't last as long as "we" artists would like them to.
There are more blender pens on market now than there use to be 5 or 10 years ago. The blender pens that I use whilst creating my works, are the Tombow Colorless Blenders and the Prismacolor Colorless Blender Marker.
There is also the Copic Sketch Marker Colorless Blender and the Sakura Colorless Blender pen. I have yet to check out either one, but plan to very soon as well. One nice thing about the Copic Sketch Marker Colorless Blender you can get ink refill replacements.

My advice is to try each one out, as each artist has different techniques and tastes, to determine which one you like the best.




Resource of the Week

If you are need of some inspiration check out http://www.portraitartist.com/ Some amazingly talented portrait artists. They have a forum, a place to sell your works and artist highlights.

I hope you all have an amazing, sucessful, blessed new year!
Best Wishes!

Comments by ZingerBug.com

4 comments:

  1. As always, your pieces are beautiful! I know you have your plate full, but have you checked out the challenges at the Colored Pencil Magazine? It is a lot of fun and camaraderie between participating artists is loving and very supportive. You can check it out at this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/coloredpencilmag/8294994341/in/pool-cpmchallenge

    Best of luck on finding and purchasing your first home! We purchased our first home on 10/1/70 and still live here after having raised 3 kids ... when you find the right house, it just keeps on loving and protecting you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! I have seen the challenges, but just haven't had the time to participate. Some awesome entries.
      It's looking like March now for us to move nto the new house. It's still going through appraisal and then off to loan place. It's beginning to sound like the house we are currently living in, the owners are possibly going to lose it now. So praying all goes smoothly and we can move into the new home soon, before this home goes into foreclosesure.

      Delete