Saturday, April 2, 2011

Finished Artwork, Sketchfest and Updates!

FINISHED ARTWORK
"Bring Me To Life is finally finished. Original and prints and more are up for sale on my site and you can read the testimonial behind this work here http://www.mooresartgallery.com/BringMeToLife.html


SKETCHFEST
Here is all the sketches I was able to complete at last weeks Sketchfest http://www.ellenmilliongraphics.com/sketchfest/  Fastest I have ever done an ACEO in color. Not 100% happy with it, had a paper issue, but I think my speed is definitely improving. Tangled Rapunzel sketch sold right away and the sale was donated to the Sketchfest. I will probably do that one in color.

WEBSITE
Last fall, I began slowly making some changes to my site, and I have been deleting some artwork from my site and adding new galleries. I just feel the Lord is calling me in a new direction with my art and I want my works to please Him. So I am sorry if anyone is unhappy with the change, but I am excited about these new areas I am directing my art towards. It will be focused more on Inspirational, Emotional, Angels, Christmas, Animals, Florals and Landscapes. I will be phasing out the fantasy section more and more. However, I still have in my mind to finish up the King Arthur series I started years ago. It's just on my backlist of things to do.

Easter
After I finish up my ATC for a friend, I will begin my two Easter pieces. I was planning on having an Easter giveaway, but there have been no entries or replies so far. Still might get one before the April 17th deadline. If anyone is interested, in one to two paragraphs, tell me why Easter means so much to you or you can submit a photo or a drawing/painting for your entry.
Email the entry to info@mooresartgallery.com with the subject line Easter Entry.
I will be picking the winning entry on April 18th. The prize is a print of Faith









ARTIST RESOURCE OF THE WEEK
A very valuable site for artists to check out is the ArtBusiness.com http://www.artbusiness.com/
Information from art gallery advice to how to write an artist statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment